Life at the Mauldin House

Sunday, January 28, 2007

How rude!

I have to brag on my husband before I get to the rude issue...

Jim and I have tried to make it a priority since Sam was born to have regular dates. Lately, we have really made it a top prioity because with 2 kids here pretty soon I know it will be harder....so Jim decided to get tickets (all on his own, all his idea) to Cirque du Soliel Saturday night. He then made dinner reservations for us, and he kept that a secret all week. We ate at the Sundial atop the 72 story Westin downtown, very romantic.

Anyway, the show had an intermission about halfway through of course, so we decide to go get a drink. The rest of the place did too, so it was pretty crowded in the little refreshment tent. We got in a line of about 15 people and were waiting there for at least 10 minutes before we got near the front. We were in the line closest to the entrance. This older lady walked up and basically tried to cut right in front of us. Then, a younger guy did too. Jim told him that there was a pretty long line when this guy decides to also ask about 6 of his friends what they wanted him to get for them too. He was so RUDE. He was saying, in a whiny voice I often hear from Sam, "You pushed me out of line, I was in a line." I mean, really. Then the older lady says, "I didn't know you were all in line." No, we are just hanging out in the refreshment tent FULL of people to NOT get a drink. Am I just pregnant and hormonal, or does this rudeness bother anyone else? It is one of Jim's pet peeves, so that doesn't help my attitude I suppose.

But, despite the rude people at intermission, and the fact that I was sitting behind "Mr. Big Head" himself, the show was great. I highly recommend it! Jim loved it too and is already talking about getting tickets again next year.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    i hate cutters too-- when you're pregnant you get to be bitchy without people judging you.. i think i would have pushed my way right over the old lady. i of all people know how important is to get your coke fix.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger mk said…

    i'm with you Bridget...i can see letting the older lady get away with it (sort of), but the young guy? i'm afraid i might have had to say something myself. just goes to show how self-centered people are.

    hope you're doing well otherwise. see you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home