Life at the Mauldin House

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Running the Peachtree

I was going to wait and scan in our pictures when I get them, but I will go ahead and tell about the race since so many of you have been emailing me asking me.....so here goes....

Jim, his sister Susan, and I ran the Peachtree on the 4th! Jim has been running it for 3 years now, it was a first for Susan and me. Jim "stayed back" and ran at our pace "to be sure we were ok", he is so protective. When he and I ran a 5K in May he was constantly warning me about the curb and bumps in the road...it is really quite cute. Anyway, he was my own personal water boy. He would run with a cup full for a mile or so until I needed another swig. I even heard faint calls from the crowd "You can do it!" :)

I got the slime award though....about at mile 3, this man came up to me, picked me up and kind of moved me to the side...completely covering me in his sweaty slime, it was truly disgusting.

I am just so excited we did so well. I had been training since March...running 15-20 miles a week, so it really was fun and "easy". Now I am hooked! We (Sam, Jim and I) are all running a race in August (Sam is doing the 1K fun run). Then, Jim, Susan, and I are all already training for the half-marathon in Atlanta on Thanksgiving. That is my goal.....

3 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I am proud of you! I did the Peachtree, did not train a day for it, and did not think it was "easy". However when I ran it in 2000 (before kids), I actually trained for it and it wasn't easy then either. Good luck with your half marathon!!!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    well...that is why "easy" is a relative term....easy meaning I didn't think I would die! How can you even finish it without training....I am truly impressed!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    good for you!! running races gets so dang addictive.. the thanksgiving half marathon is our goal too..im running a race this weekend and cant wait. i dont think i could have done ptree.. thats a tough 10k

     

Post a Comment

<< Home