Life at the Mauldin House

Friday, August 31, 2007

The "F" word


Ok....in the last week I have had two comments made about my precious baby Madison in her presence......


We were walking in Wal-Mart, and a teenage boy who worked there saw Maddie in the car seat and yelled out, "That is the FATTEST baby I have ever seen!" He then proceeded to call his friend over so they could talk about how FAT she is. Poor thing....she didn't know what to think. How dare they use the "F" word about my baby.


The next evening we were in our favorite local Mexican restaurant. The young guy who was bringing out the food to us stopped and said, "Cute baby! She have MOHAWK, Si?" I was like, "UH, well, yes, but not on purpose!"


Poor girl, she is already busting out of her bikini, and the only hopes of wearing hair bows at the moment lie with the future of a "Sanjaya" hairdo!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger amy said…

    poor madison! ok... i've seen plenty of babies that are chubbier than her. those guys were crazy. sure, she has a couple of baby rolls, but i saw a baby years ago that had rolls on his rolls.

    the mohawk is cute... someday she'll have pigtails.. someday!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    Thanks Amy....it doesn't seem to bother her any....so that is good!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    that is hilarious.. i LOVE chubby babies. live it up maddie!! i wish people thought rolls were cute on adults!

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger mk said…

    I feel for ya Maddie! but, what do boys know anyway?! As for the hair, go ahead with the hairbows now...if you don't she may not leave them in later when you try to fix up her hair.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    I am sorry - I LOVE a big ol' FAT baby, unfortunately I never really had one. Charlie approached fat but never really made it. Those Spears skinny genes override my fat genes - which I suppose they will be happy about later in life.

    She is soooo cute!!! She looks a lot different than Sam though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home