Life at the Mauldin House

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nick Hotel and the Flip Flop Incident

We went back to Orlando last week, and stayed at the Nick Hotel again. Sam was thrilled, because he was allowed to sleep on the TOP bunk of the "bumper bed" this year. We also took Jim's sister and our neice Erin this year. The kids had a BLAST! They got slimed again, met all the characters at a fun but VERY EXPENSIVE breakfast. Apparently Spongebob and Squidward (not to mention Patrick, Dora, Diego, etc.) make a lot of money to dance once and visit with the kids for an hour. Oh well....I figure Sam won't be all about the characters much longer...he is so grown up these days.
While in Orlando, we went back to the Wilderness Lodge, where Jim and I got married 10 years ago in June. While we were there, we had our picture made right where we said our vows. It was cool to show Sam where we got married, etc. Well, then while Jim and Susan were finishing up in the gift shop, I was in charge of the kids. I let them wade in a little creek outside. As I am sitting on the side fondly remembering my wedding day....I see out of the corner of my eye....SAM-literally tackling Erin and then diving downstream. I start to scream at him....and he yelps out "HER FLIP FLOP!" I then scream, "get them!" She was wearing Sketchers flip flops that her Mommy LOVES and I didn't want to be the one to tell her we lost them in my care. Well, Sam held up one....the other went under a bridge and over a water fall. Jim and Susan came outside to find the three of us sitting on a bridge, staring at the murky water and the flip flop floating about 15 yards out. Jim came to the rescue, and waded in to get it! My hero!

Here we are at the exact spot we got married. Hard to believe it has been 10 years!

Here we are with Squiward.....I will spare you the rest of the character pics.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger mk said…

    Yea for Jim & Sam, looking out for the girls and their fashions. Glad you had a good time.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I'm jealous. I want to take Peyton there so bad. How do you get to do fun traveling with an infant????

    Todd and I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge on our honeymoon and on our 10 year anniversary. I love it!!!!

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    We left Maddie with my Mom. :( It was hard to leave her...but she would have been miserable in the heat!
    Sam LOVES that place, I recommend it. There is so much to do you really need not leave the hotel! We have been for 2 years in a row now...next time we are going back to the Wilderness Lodge for a change of pace though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home